What is Mobile Marketing? and Its Importance
What is Mobile Marketing?
Mobile marketing is the promotional activity which is specifically designed for the delivery to the cell phone or you can say smartphones. Mobile marketing is similar to advertising delivered over the other electronic channels.
- The expansion of mobile marketing also enables various types of interactive marketing. Mobile marketing involves location based services.
- This actually detects the area from where the user is connecting.
- Augmented reality mobile campaigns, it majorly displays location specific information about businesses and products.
- GPS messaging involves location-specific messages that user picks up when he comes into range.
- These days you have to keep in mind that if you are not implementing some kind of mobile marketing strategy you are already trailing behind!
- Mobile marketing consists of ads that appear on mobile smartphones, tablets or other devices.
Mobile Marketing Importance
Mobile marketing unlocks powerful opportunities for marketers. Mobile allows marketers to reach larger audiences in a way that is real time and personal. With the rise of smartphones and tablets, the number of mobile devices has outpaced the global population. The proximity of the mobile devices in today’s modern culture demonstrates why mobile has become indispensable to marketers.
Mobile Marketing for Non-Internet Users
So here is another option for those who doesn’t use the internet that much- SMS marketing. These days’ SMS marketing has been practiced by many companies. Companies try to promote their product and vying more exposure and consumer and consumer support. This has been common practice among competitors since mobile phones started making a place in India and message marketing is also good for the people are not using the internet that much.
Mobile Website Optimization
Mobile website optimization is the process of ensuring that visitors or let’s say customers who access your site from mobile devices have experiences optimized for the device. Every year people spend more times on their mobile phones according to research studies. Mobile optimization involves proper design, structure, different screen sizes etc. 91 % of mobile internet access is used for social activities. As social media continues to grow and evolve these things are getting popular. Always look up the developer’s libraries and guidelines. It is useful to keep in mind the fact that a mobile device user will be using fingers instead of precision friendly mouse pointers. Common devices should be accounted for in the design with a large enough touch inputs or gestures to get the job done.